Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Last week I got sick. So sick I couldn't take care of the kids on my own. Thankfully I am surrounded by people who love my kids and are always willing to help out. The kids spent lots of time with baby sitters and dinner was brought in until I was strong enough to cook for them. It seemed fitting that our family home evening lesson this week should be on gratitude. We had a lesson and we made some halloween themed treats to take as thank you gifts.

I love four year olds. They are able to really get involved in so many projects. Kermit was taking this very seriously because he knew he was going to take some to his "best friend" and he wanted this friend to like the treats.



This is Kermit's look of concentration. He has this exact expression on his face anytime he is working very hard on something.



Here he finally relaxes a little.



Froggie loves any type of project and gets right in there.





Felicity loves to cook and create things in the kitchen,



so this was pretty much her dream activity.




Here's the finished project. Super cute! Halloween ghosts!



Even better was the look of accomplishment on each of the kids faces as we finished the project!




1 comment:

  1. Why did you not call me and let me know you were not feeling good? I hope you are doing better and plz let me know if you need me to come up and help out. I love the ghosts. Great idea for my group at work. Love it.
    Give loves to yourself and those beautiful young ones of yours.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    Love;

    Mom

    ReplyDelete