Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Froggie turned TWO.....

Almost a year ago!!!

My sweet, little Froggie loves trains. I mean he really loves trains. We live right across the street from a great library, and in the kids area they have a fantastic train table set up. I can't tell you how many hours we have spent up at the library. Felicity and I devouring books, while Kermit and Froggie play with the trains! I knew I wanted to do a train birthday party for Froggie, and I was so excited when I found a train store in town that has a party room filled with train tables, train murals on the walls, train tablecloths, etc. Froggie spent most of his party carrying around a bucket of trains and playing at those tables.



We were able to tear him away for a little while so he could paint his very own train car.



Kermit was very pleased with how his turned out.



This pictures makes me sad. Felicity looks so young here. Where did my little girl go?



After the craft, it was time for cake. If you know me, you know I love any excuse to make a cake. Froggie has a real passion for coconut and pineapple, so a pina colada cake seemed like the perfect cake for him. I made a coconut cake with pineapple cream cheese frosting, and doused the whole thing in coconut. It was so yummy! Not even a crumb leftover. I was crazy busy with school, so the decorations were kept simple. Froggie didn't seem to mind.



I LOVE this picture. Taking in a big breath to make sure he could blow out all of the candles!! He managed to get them all out on the first try.



After cake, Froggie opened his presents and then all the kids got to do a pinata. Sorry no pictures of that.



Then the kids got to take turns riding on Thomas the Train. Here's Kermit.



This little boy still melts my heart everytime I look at him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love your update. The young ones looks so cute. You are doing a good job and know that we love you all very much. Hugs and kisses to all. XOXOXO Mom and Mark

    ReplyDelete