Thursday, January 19, 2012

Frankfort Capitol Spring Break

My computer messed up as these were uploading, so excuse the lines going through the pictures. I will fix that when I get a chance.

Last spring break, we did a few day trips to different places here in Kentucky. One day we spent the day in Frankfort. We started our adventure taking a tour of the Rebecca Ruth candy factory. My friend's mom works there and it was an added bonus to get to visit with her. Felicity and I really enjoyed the tour, the boys enjoyed picking out a piece of candy to taste at the end of the tour. We skipped the bourbon balls even though that's what they are famous for. Here are the kids after the tour. Not only did they get to choose a piece of candy, Pat gave them each a bag of gummy bears. Totally made their day!



I had planned on letting the kids ride the trolley through downtown, but it wasn't running that day due to construction. Bummer! We headed off to our picnic lunch at the game farm. On our way, we stopped to take pictures at the capitol building overlook!

Here's Kermit rocking his favorite pair of sunglasses!



Froggie looking very handsome!



We had a great lunch, but I forgot my camera in the car. Whoops. Then we walked through the game farm and looked at all the animals. Froggie liked the black bear the best. Kermit and Felicity liked seeing the wildcat (UK's mascot) the best.

Next we headed to downtown. We parked and walked up to the capitol. Before you get to the capitol building there are huge circles of tulips which happen to be my favorite flower. We stopped to look at them. Kermit was in heaven. Nothing to do, but run around, and pose for pictures!



Froggie, on the other hand was apparently very interested in the inside of the tulips...




I am not sure what he was doing here. Blowing out birthday candles, or maybe he thought they were like dandelions. Not sure, but love that I caught this moment.



Love this moment even more, when he realized I was taking his picture!



We finally made it to the capitol. Froggie making his way up the steps.



Kermit recognizing a prime photo opportunity!



After we walked around the building, we took a rest on the lawn. Love that Kentucky grass (just wish the grass in my yard was so nice)! We sat and visited for well over an hour.



We headed home happy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. I am loving all the pictures of the kids. They are just so dang cute. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Your kids sure cute! ...and getting big! :)

    ReplyDelete