Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Presidents Day!

We had a great Presidents Day. We went to the Mary Todd Lincoln house for their presidents day celebration. The kids had a good time exploring the house and really enjoyed the old fashioned games they got to play. Sorry, I forgot my camera!

When we got home, we spent some time putting together costumes for our presidential dinner. While I studied, the kids worked on a skit they would share for our family home evening lesson. Dinner tonight was a real treat for me. Let me introduce you to my dining companions for the evening.

President Abraham Lincoln




His lovely wife Mary Todd Lincoln



And their adorable, little puppy Roofus (nothing historically correct about the puppy. It's just what Froggie chose to be)!



And just because sometimes I really need something to make me laugh, here are a few more shots of the president!



Kermit could not have been more excited about his role for the evening. He lit up everytime I called him Mr. President...



Or honest Abe...



Have you ever seen such a cute presidential family?



Happy Presidents Day. Hope you enjoyed your day off as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. What fun! All I did was bake a pie. Love the First Puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy President's day to you, too. Hey, wait a minute....it's this post from LAST year? Well, it's not like you've been busy or anything :)

    ReplyDelete