Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Little Monkey Business!

Another Thursday means another installment of read out pig out!  Our numbers were a bit smaller this week as the big girls were all at girls camp!  It was a hot day, so the shade of the apple tree seemed like the perfect place to read books.
 

These two kids have quickly stolen my heart.  They came to the United States not knowing how to speak English.  They are learning quickly and are so much fun to be around.  I love how excited they are about everything!


Our theme this week was monkeys!  After reading lots of books about monkeys, the kids all gathered at the picnic table to make monkey masks!  (Kermit has discovered his love of Kool-Aid and rocked this mustache for most of the afternoon!)

Froggie loves to color and will not be rushed!


Even when all the other kids were out doing this....


He was putting the finishing touches on his monkey mask!


I went out to pick up the blankets from under the apple tree and I found nine little monkeys hanging around!


Froggie's smile just melts my heart!


All the extra work he put into his mask definitely paid off.  How cute is this little monkey?


Kermit did a great job as well!


My two favorite monkeys!  Love that these little guys love to read so much, and I am glad that we have found a way to encourage reading with them and their friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment