Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Felicity!

It's hard to believe that Felicity is nine! She is such a fun little girl and she is growing up so fast. I want to slow time down. I want her to stay little forever. We had a fun celebration week for her big day! Felicity decided to postpone her birthday dinner until the weekend, so her nanna, pappa, and uncle John could be there. On her actual birthday I took all the kids to a fun place called ijump. It was full of different inflatables for the kids to run and jump on. No pictures, sorry! I was too busy trying to keep up with all of them! We had a great time. On the way home we stopped at McDonalds and Felicity's dreams came true when I let her get a happy meal. Honestly I could have stopped there and I think she would have been satisfied! After we ate, she opened her presents. She got a board game, one of her all time favorite things to do is play games, from her Great Grandma and Great Grandpa!



From Mom, she got a nintendo DS and from her brothers she got a game to go with it.



That next Sunday we had Felicity's special birthday dinner. I always let the kids choose whatever they want to eat for their birthday dinner. If they choose ice cream, that's what we eat. They have full control. Felicity has been choosing the same thing for four years running now. Barbeque chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. This year, she made the addition of ribs to the menu! She thoroughly enjoyed her dinner.



I also let the kids choose whatever kind of cake they want. Felicity this year requested something with chocolate and peanut butter! Oh the possibilities were endless and I spent a good two weeks trying to decide what I would make for her. I finally decided on a chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling, and a whipped chocolate ganache frosting. Holy cow! This cake was LOVED by everyone, most importantly Felicity!



I always wonder what the kids wish for as they blow out the candles.



As the birthday girl, Felicity got the honors of cutting the cake and taking as big of a piece as she wanted.



This picture is deceiving. This cake was a good five inches tall and Felicity cut herself a piece probably four inches by four inches. Needless to say she wasn't able to finish it, but she had a good time trying.



There is something special about this little girl. She has such a tender heart and is kind to everyone. We love having her in our family and appreciate everything she brings into our lives. Happy Birthday Felicity! We love you!

4 comments:

  1. Fun family traditions that she will share with her daughter one day. Can't wait to try the cake :)

    Happy Birthday, Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your May posts just showed up in my reading list. It's great to see the kids -- I'm sure they look even more mature now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete