Saturday, May 15, 2010

Too tired!

I love Froggie! I love his laugh. I love his smile. I love his laid back, easy going personality. I love how calm he is. I love how he just goes with the flow. I love his developing sense of humor. I love how he looks around the room for me when he realizes I am not right by his side, and I love how his eyes light up and he smiles when he sees me. I love that he is a snuggly boy. He really is such an easy and happy boy, except when he's not.



We were running behind one night last week, so dinner was later than usual, which meant bath time was later than usual, which pushed back stories, prayer, and bedtime. You know how it goes. Kermit and Froggie are sharing a room right now, and I have learned the trick for nap time and bedtime to go smoothly. Kermit has to go to bed first, and be asleep before Froggie goes in. Otherwise Kermit climbs into the crib with Froggie and it quickly turns into a party. Poor Froggie was exhausted and ready for bed.



There was no consoling him at this point.



Every attempt just frustrated him more.



Since snuggles weren't helping I decided to get down on the floor and "cry" with him.



He wasn't sure what to think at first.



I didn't give up. I just acted even more silly until I got what I was after. A smile, sort of.



It didn't last long....



Good night Froggie!

2 comments:

  1. Many a times have I just "cried" with Eli. Sometimes I wish it was kosher for an adult to throw themselves on the floor, kick and scream, and bawl until they felt better. Think of how well we would sleep!
    I love that you took pictures! Too funny. (I can say that now, after the fact.)

    ReplyDelete